~ Highlight of the Day: Dinner. I love experiments that go right :) ~
Today we will leave the world of strings and green things behind and enter the world of . . .
COOKING BLOGS!
Ok, so I've already been blogging about food off and on for some time now, I know. But today I actually took time to take a fancy ingredients-all-gathered-together-artisticly picture. And this happens to be my favorite recipie right now. So here it is:
Cabbage Soup
Ingredients:
- One thingy of Italian sausage (the big one or the small one, doesn't matter :)
- One head of cabbage
- A good amount of carrots
- Onions or Celery or anything else floating around the fridge
- Kale - the curly awesome stuff
- Chicken broth (however much you feel necessary)
Directions:
1. Cook sausage in a frying pan on medium heat until well done.
Saute onions with the sausage if desired.
2. Assemble the cabbage (sliced), carrots (chopped), and the kale (torn).
3. Add sausage, carrots, cabbage, and chicken broth together in a large pot.
4. Add water untill it is just visible.
5. Bring to a boil and then bring down to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Add kale and simmer for 5 more minutes.
(Beautifully gathered ingredients, masterfully sliced and chopped)
I forgot to take in between pictures. . . so this is the finished soup.
This soup is soooooo good! And it's what I'll be
living off of for the next week and a half :)
No comments:
Post a Comment