~ Highlight(s) of the Day: talking to my freshman roommate for way too long on the phone, and t-shirt and shorts weather - here comes the farmer's tan :) ~
Ok. I appologize for the super long, suspense filled days I've been putting you all through. I promise it was unintentional. I just got caught up on Sunday with packing to come home, and then Monday I spent the day in Atlanta before flying back to Utah, and was totally exaughsted when we finally got home. Tuesday was my 'Crap-I-just-missed-a-week-of-school-how-am-I-going-to-make-this-all-up! day, which kind of carried over into today, and will probably carry over into tomorrow as well.
Atlanta was way cool, by the way. I wish I could say 'the Atlanta Botanical Gardens were amazing!', but I can't. They are apparently closed on Mondays. So instead we walked around Peidmont Park, which would have been kinda boring except we were all plant people and can be thouroughly entertained in a large place with lots of trees :)
(before we knew we couldn't get in)
We were so close to the conservatory!
I will have to go back to Atlanta to see it eventually.
Hellebores!
They have got to be some of the coolest flowers out there, despite their name
being slightly awkward to say in mixed company :)
Aaaaand us in front of a lake, with Atlanta in the background. Yep.
Oh yeah - the competition!
Well, BYU moved up one spot from last year. We came in 2nd! BYU-I beat us by 70 points, but it's ok cause we're gonna cream them next year :)
And . . .
I got 2nd too!
I will admit I was surprised. I was not expecting to place.
I scored a 96/100 and the guy who got first place scored a 97.5.
I've been dying to see my test, but I haven't yet. . .
hopefully I can get my hands on it soon. I want to know which ones I got lucky on!




Congrats! That is awesome! I also love that you caught a bee in midair in your hellebore photo.
ReplyDeleteUm, I'd love to take credit for that bee, but I totally didn't notice it till you pointed it out - thanks! :)
DeleteI love how you're standing on something in the last picture...so you're the tallest. Hehehe :)
ReplyDelete