~ Highlight of the Day: Hiking! Why have I not done this every weekend?! :) ~
Well I am way behind. Like more than two and a half weeks behind! Usually in these cases I just cut my losses, but I kind of have to blog about my mission call*. And a few other things too. So here's Part 1: The Mish
It was the last day of finals, and not only was I completely done (this is the first year I hadn't put any off till the last minute {don't ask my how that happened. . .}), but Alicia, our long lost roommate, was coming up for her cousin's wedding.
With her child. Everett.
Who I hadn't met yet, due to my many
excursions over summer and fall.
It was quite wonderful getting to catch up with her,
and a great distraction from a certain white envelope that had arrived in the mail :)
The best thing about it all was that for the first time in a long time all 6 of us from freshman year were together - and it'll be a long time before we get back together again. . .
at least two years, since half of us are mission bound :)
And then it was time to open my call.
I believe that successfully pulling off a Mission Call Opening
is a vital step in preparing to serve a mission.
is a vital step in preparing to serve a mission.
It requires flexibility.
("yeah, I think my call will come today. . . but it might not")
And social skills.
(Lets just gather all sorts friends together from all sorts of places, and put them in the same room to awkwardly socialize while family members are being put on speaker phone)
So I opened my call. . . and I'm going to Paraguay!!! More specifically the Paraguay Asuncion mission. I'll be speaking Spanish (so glad I took three years of that in high school :) and I'm reporting to the Argentina MTC (Missionary Training Center) on August 15th.
I am so excited. You have no idea.
I am so excited. You have no idea.
I have a video of me opening my call, but I've yet to learn the ways of video uploading, and so this lovely picture of me and Madison will have to do.
And then to finish my day I drew a life size Iron Man (it was Madison's birthday) and packed for our trip to California, which you can hear all about in Catch-Up Part 2: California, coming soon to BlogSpot and Facebook. :)
And then to finish my day I drew a life size Iron Man (it was Madison's birthday) and packed for our trip to California, which you can hear all about in Catch-Up Part 2: California, coming soon to BlogSpot and Facebook. :)
*Missions: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints encourages their young adults to
serve a full time mission. Boys (Elders, as we call them when they're missionaries)
serve for two years and can go when they're 18. Girls (or Sisters) serve for 18 months, and we can go when we're 19.
We don't choose where we go. We fill out our papers and send them in to Church headquarters where the Prophet and the Twelve Apostles receive them and assign a mission through divine inspiration. So naturally, getting your call is a pretty big deal, and is a much anticipated event for any prospective missionary.




No comments:
Post a Comment