~ Highlight of the Day: printing off so many pictures of some of my favorite people
(so I don't forget what they look like in the next 18 months :) ~
Before I left Provo my roommate Katie somehow got me and my fancy camera up in the mountains which resulted in some lovely mission pictures of her (She's going to Honduras in a month or so :)
And since I was in a surprisingly good mood at the end of her photo shoot (photo shoots are prone to wreck havoc on my demeanor, much like prolonged shopping and the thought of wearing makeup) we took a few of me too:
On a more current note, I'm coming along in my packing! I now have everything, I just need to compile it all and pack it. . . but that's what Monday night is for, right? :)
Also, I discovered the stuff of nightmares.
I wish I could say I stayed calm and composed upon seeing this little (but not little, actually quite large and ferocious) guy, but alas I cannot.
Me: Aah!. . . aaaaahhhh. AhhhHHHHHH!!!!
And now I can perfectly empathize with all those who feel the need to jump up on the closest chair upon seeing a mouse. Never before has my desire to obtain higher ground and put as much furniture as humanly possible between me and something else been so intense.
Did you know they move twice as fast when they're scared?!
I suppose that makes sense, I do too :)
Also they glow.
And I'm so happy my camera caught it - it's not perfectly focused , but just look at that glow he's got! According to the seasoned scorpion hunters in my family you turn out all the lights and
go over everything with a black light before going to bed, and then again in the morning if you've got a scorpion issue.
go over everything with a black light before going to bed, and then again in the morning if you've got a scorpion issue.
Yes. So I'll be dreaming/having a feverish nightmare of huge scorpions tonight.
Lovely stuff :)




No comments:
Post a Comment