Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Monday, February 3, 2014

New area: Monte Lindo

Highlight of the Week: Accidentally making butter. . .  

Well, I´m not in Ypacarai anymore. . . I feel quite like I`ve discovered a whole new Paraguay. I`m in an area called Monte Lindo. It`s only about 10 or 15 minutes from the Mission Offices, I`ve been told, and it`s all houses and neighborhoods and city. And it`s way nice. Some of the houses here are E.E.U.U. status. And the members have cars, and we have a chapel, and there are teachers who teach the classes every Sunday, and I don`t need to use bug spray, and there hasn`t been sand in my shoes for three days now. . . I kind of miss Ypacarai :) OK, I miss Ypacarai a lot. But that`s because I still don`t know anybody here, and I`m always lost. Give me another week and I figure it out. The people here are just so different. . . 

And nobody in Ypacarai knows where Monte Lindo is. Probably because it`s more known as Fernando De La Mora. . . I think. Mora means mulberry. . . or black berry, but I still haven`t seen any of either. 

My new companion, Hermana Peña, is from Columbia, and she is super nice and sweet and more patient than I ever will be. She`s also three months away from finishing her mission, so we`ll have to wait and see if she stays here for the next two cambios or if I only get one cambio with her. 

Oh! I made butter this week! Totally an accident. I had made a banana cream pie (totally possible without cornstarch) on Monday, and wanted to find whipped cream to top it all off. So I found what I thought translated to 'whipping cream' (it even had a picture of a bowl and a whisk and white fluffy stuff. . .) but when I started 'whipping' it didn't get fluffy. Just chunky. And it took me a while but eventually I realized that what I had made was a big bowl of butter. Oops. Oh well. What can ya do? :) Now I know what to do if I ever need butter, and I only have 'crema' :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment