Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Kids grow up fast. . . wait. never mind.

Sometimes my siblings mature while I'm gone for a semester. My sister gets her ears pierced, my brother's voice drops an octave, another brother decides he likes economics, they all develop a taste for dubstep. Getting to see the changes every four months is just part of being a college student. And yet other times I come back and they've . . . reverted to certain childhood fancies. Or, more accurately and most recently, latched onto a small bit of Kindergarten-esque entertainment. Over the past four months three of my four siblings (may I point out I only have one sister. . . ) have become avid My Little Pony fans.

 Yes, it's exactly what you're thinking:


Here's the problem. I could, potentially, be blamed/credited with this sudden equestrian infatuation. You see, it was the summer of '11 and we were exploring the strange new world of Netflix via my one-free-month trial, and we stumbled upon Doctor Who. A great new era of British Sci-fi comedy then commenced, and by the time I left for school in the fall we were all hopelessly addicted. The grueling effects of a new semester on my free time kept my addiction somewhat at bay, but back home the academic ease of (or poor attitude towards) high school, and the continuance of Netflix, allowed my sibling's dependence to grow. Having finished all five current seasons, my sister turned to YouTube. Eventually she discovered the brilliant, coincidental existence of the pony Doctor Whooves (pictured right), who's 'cutie mark' is an hourglass, and who so resembles the Doctor it verges on unbelievable. The rest is history. I must admit, I have watched an episode here and there, just to see what I've done to my siblings, and it may have the potential to grow on you. . . Maybe someday I will have little girls who love My Little Pony. Maybe by then my siblings will have outgrown it and moved on to bigger, better things. Or maybe they'll keep up their pony fancies and never quite give up that inner child. We'll just have to wait and see! In the meantime, I think I might watch another episode. . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment