Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Green Things Growing

It's funny, but even though I live only a short walk away from one of the most beautiful gardens in the world, I still prefer my own little garden plot, weeds and all. There's something to sitting on land you can call your own and enjoying a space you design and maintain. Enjoying the beauties of a professionally maintained garden is great, but this vegetable garden thing brings a deeper satisfaction.

And with that, I post pictures!

Product placement! Keens. That's the brand all the cool interns wear :)
It may not look like it. . . but the weed population has been greatly decreased.
The basil was looking lovely, but I'm going to
 need a lot of basil this summer,
 so I pinched it. Fresh pesto! Yes!  
 






And here's my first tomato
 'Brandywine something' I think


This Frankenstein scaffolding I've come up with is supposedly to aid my watermelons in going up instead of everywhere. Of course, this is my first time growing them, so all of this is improvisation.

2 comments:

  1. That's so cool you get your own garden space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! We're talking about a whole lot of plant people though, bad things could happen if we didn't have room for a garden. . . you know, something along the lines of "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry", but with 20 plant nerds.

      Delete