Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Halfway Through Galilee

~ Highlight of the Day: finding a pamphlet of Israeli trees in the gift shop, and a Mexican coin stuck to my camera (sometimes I put plants in my bag. . . and sometimes I forget about them and they get messy/sticky. . .) ~

Well, I've survived three hours of class today, and I've only got two more to go. Then it's field trips from here on out (until we get back to Jerusalem and have our 2nd finals week of the semester . . . ).

Life in Galilee is pretty amazing. It rained on Friday (I love rain!) while we were hiking to a first century synagogue, and then it was super muddy for our hike later that day to a waterfall. . . but other than that it's been wonderfully sunny during the day and beautifully cool at night. Last night was a little chilly. . . but I needed to be inside doing a New Testament assignment anyway :)

We've been visiting a lot of churches, and looking at a lot of rocks (carefully placed, really really old rocks), and swimming in a lot of significant waters. We visited the place where the Galilee empties into the Jordan River yesterday and found the account of Jesus' baptism in Hawaiian Pidgin. . . I'll post that as soon as I get pictures working again. . .

Thanksgiving was pretty great - I had fish and pizza at a restaurant on the east shore of the Sea of Galilee, and then had ice cream in Tiberias. A few friends and I did whip up a pie from what we could find in the near by convenience store. . . we had to get pretty creative about it. . . but it was better than nothing! I think we're getting a Thanksgiving meal when we get back to the center next week, but who knows what that'll entail!

I was going to post a bunch of pictures of Galilee. . . because I have a ton, and they're beautiful, but apparently there's a 1GB limit of free space for google stuff. . . I'm not sure. I'll have to figure it out and see what I can do about it. My computer skills are only so so. . .






No comments:

Post a Comment