Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Third week in Paraguay

Highlight of the Week: Church. To see the people you teach come to church is better than Christmas :) 

It rained this week. I discovered that my raincoat is not a `be in the rain for 6 hours` kind of rain coat. But that`s ok, cause I`ve been humbled and will now bring an umbrella too :) 

With the rain came thunder. LOUD thunder. We were studying at the casa and all of a sudden there`s this deafening boom and everything got showered in brick dust from the wall. . . quite exciting. And apparently the week before I came they had a terrible hail storm that devastated the terracotta roofs, and even shot holes through the fiberglass stuff too. . . quite impressive. 

I was reading about Jonah in the Liahona and I`ve decided that my 32 hours of travel was a blessing compared to traveling by whale :) 

And I`ve found my favorite spot in all of Ypacarai - it`s this ancient grove of mango trees (Current Awesome Tree: Mango trees :)

Ypacarai: Y means water. pa means . . . stop I think. and carai is the name of a guy. So I think the story goes something like this: There was this town next to a lake, and a man, Carai, was really thirsty. So he began to drink the lake up. The villagers were afraid he`d drain the whole lake so . . . they told him to stop? I think. I don`t remember. Something like that :) At least that`s what I got out of what Hna. Quito told me. 

Well, perhaps next week I`ll figure out pictures :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment