Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Home Sweet Home

~ Highlight of the Week: Sitting in an ancient stone temple on top of a mountain covered in olive tree groves looking out at the Aegean Sea ~

Well, I'm back from Turkey! On one hand it seems like we've been in Turkey for ages, but then on the other hand sitting here at the Jerusalem Center again feels like we never left at all. I am tired though. Utterly exhausted. We kept up a pretty good pace, and there were a lot of early mornings, late nights, long bus rides, big rocky ruins, and strange food.

Over all, Turkey is an amazing place that was not at all what I expected (not that I really knew what to expect. . . do we learn anything in school about Turkey?), and I'd absolutely love to go back some day if I get the chance. There is soooo much to say, and so many pictures to share! That being said, I also have been putting off my homework for the last 8 days, and have two papers to write and a test to  study for. So I'll try to give you my Turkey experience in chunks.

I may post later today with a picture or two to get started. . . if I don't crash and sleep off the last week or so of hotel beds and bus rides :)

No comments:

Post a Comment