Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pictures 2

~ Highlight of Today: getting to share all of these awesome pictures with all of you! (awww) ~

And here it is. Round two of pictures of Jerusalem. I am so excited. Posting his honestly just made my day!

Damascus Gate
 
Me and another Rachel (there are four of us here)
eating falafel outside Damascus Gate.
 
A closer look at this glorious thing they call falafel
 
View of Jerusalem from the Augusta Victoria Tower. . .
maybe. Or it may be a view from the bus, or somewhere else.
It's kind of hard to keep track of. . .
 
Inside the Augusta Victoria
 
Me on a hill with Bethlehem in the background
 
The U.N., which just happens to be situated on the Mount of Evil Council
 
My name, which is now permanently on a pipe underneath the Jerusalem Center
(for my children, and my children's children, and my children's children's children to see)
 
Money! This is what Israeli Shekels look like,
in order of value (low to high) from left to right.
 
Shawarma. Is. Awesome.
(like falalel, but lamb instead of deep fried garbanzo beans stuff)
 
Aaaaand a Tel Aviv beach picture!
(the beginning of many)

Me doing a test run for a jumping picture. . .
I actually haven't seen the jumping picture yet. . .
 
This is my sad attempt at recreating the Jerusalem Center in sand/
McKenzie (my roommate) helped :)

A successful pyramid with nearly all the guys.
 It only took them maybe ten painful tries to get this :)
 
 
Chacos! Have I already said how much I love them?
Let me just say it again - I LOVE CHACOS!
 
Look! The Mediterranean Sea!
 
Us trying to figure out the bike rental thingy
 
Oh yeah. Neon green bikes are where it's at. 
 
Riding bikes through Jaffa
 
 
Ficus orangii, native to the Tel Aviv waterfront
 
Remember how I was totally bragging the other day
 about riding with no hands? Here's proof!
(I'm the tiny bike rider on the right. . . in red )
 
This has got to be the best view of Jerusalem from the center
(right above where the picture cuts off. . . :)
These are my lovely roommates, by the way
 
This is a really cool Bedouin tent.
 
This is a really cool Bedouin woman weaving.
She let us try it, and was amazingly patient with us.
 
This is a well. . . I forget where. . . I think Tel Sheva.
 
This is a replica of an ancient Israeli horned altar found at Tel Sheva. It was probably used for some questionable pagan worship though because it's made out of hewn stone (you were supposed to just gather natural stones), and it was eventually dismantled by Hezekiah or Jeremiah. . . I think.
 
This is a brilliant drinking fountain. It's shady, beautiful, and
 (from what I could tell) the extra water just irrigates the tree!
(This is at Arad. . . in the Negev)
 
So many palm trees. So cool.
 
This was my view last night while reading Exodus.
Jerusalem is amazingly beautiful any time of the day or night.
 
K, sorry that was so long, and that this is the second post in a day, but we're all caught up on pictures now! Woo Hoo!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment