~ Highlight of the Day: Sleeping in and waking up to rain! ~
Our float down the Brandywine river was canceled today. . . it's just not as appealing in the rain. Instead we drove out to the Jenkins Arboretum for the iris sale. I have never seen so many iris' in my life, it was fantastic! They had a room full tables of them, sorted by color, which was great because I was on a mission for the perfect yellow iris. Here's what I came home with:
They wrote the cultivar right on the foliage, how brilliant is that?! I will have to remember that if I ever run an iris sale :) The cultivars I got were 'Red Skies', 'May Debut', 'Kentucky Derby', 'Again and Again', and 'Indian Chief'
After neatly cleaning out the sale we walked around the arboretum for a bit. Apparently their thing is azaleas, because they were everywhere. That, combined with the light mist-like rain and mossy paths made me feel almost right at home - honestly it was so much like Washington I could almost fool myself into believing it. . . I think I'm going to design a pond with lilly pads in it for my parent's yard. And I need to try and grow a pawpaw tree there too.
Oh yes, I harvested my Brandywine tomato, the one that could feed China for a week it's so big:
And just in case you haven't noticed yet, the uke seems to pop up in pictures where ever. So of course I included my ukulele in a picture of my tomatoes.
Speaking of tomatoes, I am still on a quest for a reasonably priced dvd of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes". I must watch it. soon. So if you stumble across one, let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment