Ampitheater

Ampitheater

Friday, July 6, 2012

Korea, Followed By Bluegrass!

~ Highlight of the Day: listening to bluegrass group Highway 111 and Sierra Hull. Go mandolin! ~

I ended my work day today by experiencing this:

124 degrees Fahrenheit is officially the hottest temperature I've ever endured. Luckily this was just a greenhouse I needed to pass through. My destination greenhouse was only 110 degrees :)

After work I went to a Korean Market with my Korean roommate. It was so odd not being able to read most of what was there. I mean, at least with Spanish or German you can sound out the words and try/butcher the pronunciation. I can't even begin to imagine what any of this says (unless it's in English :)


Look! Acorn starch! This reminds
me of the acorn flour my roommates
and I made last fall. . . good stuff :)
I felt I should try something, so I got a BB Big Popsicle. . . It's made of red beans I think. . . It tasted beans mashed up with sugar. . . not too bad actually.
Then the nice Korean lady at the store gave us these also. I liked them a little better because they were closer to ice cream. It was an interesting flavor, but good.

And then I wrapped up the evening with a little bluegrass in the Open Air Theater. Very inspirational. There's currently an F style mandolin on craigslist for a good price. . . I've been waging a battle in my head over getting it or not. This amazing lady did nothing but aggravate the problem :)


No comments:

Post a Comment