~Highlight of the Day: Having sourdough french toast for dinner. Mmmmm. . . ~
I'm currently writing an essay in order to get school credit for this internship. . . I've never really liked essays, and I truly lucked out in picking a profession where no one really wants you to write essays anyway. But I do have to write one or two, occasionally, for those who aren't blessed to work with plants all day and have not yet realized there may be more to life than reading what other people didn't want to write.
Part of the prompt I'm going off of went something like this:
" What were your expectations for the internship going into it, and how were those expectations realized half way through?"
Based on today I would write:
"Before starting my internship I was convinced I was going to get an awesome [farmers] tan, because I'd be in the sun all day, every day. Then I got here and spent all my time at a potting bench or under shade cloth. Halfway through the summer I was still not tan. This week though I've been at the nursery, and am relieved to say my tan is coming along. So not to worry, Longwood's internship program is still exceeding expectations."
I may actually be a bit more red than tan today. It's what I get for having a 7 hour conversation with the sun. I also had the privilege of listening to this lovely song while my zune was on shuffle. I really had to try hard not to sing it at the top of my lungs in the middle of the mum field :)
No comments:
Post a Comment